The Assistant Superintendent is primarily responsible for assisting with the daily management of a specific project site and all personnel working at the site. In the current organizational structure the Assistant Superintendent reports to the General Superintendent for assignment and to the job site Superintendent for daily direction. The Assistant Superintendent position requires a self motivated, results oriented individual who is bought into and driven by the existing principles and procedures set in place by the Company. Required qualifications include a minimum of three (3) years of construction industry experience, successful completion of an OSHA 10-hour Construction Safety Class, and the desire to be promoted upon growth and expansion of the Company. The Assistant Superintendent is a position that must have the ability to coordinate with managers, directors, and project level positions within the company in order to optimize the success of the project and ultimately achieve the business plan of the company.
Duties: ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, including but not limited to
- Report directly to the General Superintendent for assignment and to the job site
Superintendent for daily direction.
- Assist in managing the daily on-site field operations, including management of on-site personnel, for assigned projects.
- Assist in scheduling and coordinating all field forces for assigned projects in accordance with current project schedule.
- Receive, stage, and store materials on the jobsite.
- Assist in approving and keeping records of all delivery tickets and submit to project manager on a weekly basis.
- Read and understand purchase orders and subcontracts for assigned projects.
- Assist in maintaining and updating contract drawings and specifications in an organized manner at the jobsite.
- Become familiar with all RFI responses and site instructions. Assist with incorporating into record contract drawings and specifications.
- Document pertinent construction stages with digital photos, especially areas that are covered from view as construction progresses.
- Monitor, ensure, and enforce the quality of the work in accordance with the contract documents by way of the MBC QAQC Program.
- Comply with all OSHA and company safety requirements.
- Serve as safety leader for assigned projects and set an example for other jobsite personnel, subcontractors, vendors, and visitors.
- Enforce OSHA and company safety requirements and guidelines for all personnel, subcontractors, vendors, and visitors.
- Become familiar with Material Safety Data Sheet paperwork.
- Communicate jobsite emergency plan. Understand fully what procedures to follow in the event of an accident or death.
- Post required safety information at the jobsite.
- Work with Superintendent to draft final job report.
- Completed OSHA 10 training (minimum)
- Possess a positive team attitude
- Be able to read and interpret construction plans and specifications
- Be able to schedule and perform multiple tasks
- Possess problem solving skills
- Competent with oral and written communications
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Possess a High School Diploma
- Possess at least three (3) years of construction industry experience
- Possess basic computer knowledge and typing skills. Familiarity with all MS Office products (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Preferred understanding of Procore
- Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, interested parties, and/or supervisor.
- Ability to work in a team environment and fit in with company culture and processes.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Good attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
- Good business sense with willingness to learn, adapt and expand into new responsibilities.
- Ability to understand and carry out general instructions in standard situations.
- Ability to solve problems in standard situations. Requires basic analytical skills.
- Ability to professionally operate in a fast-paced environment maintained by a company in a positive, controlled growth mode.
- Must possess an entrepreneurial spirit requiring the ability to be self motivated.
- Ability to work the hours required to support the schedule of the project.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and put in the time needed to get the job done.
- Must possess a strong work ethic and values that are above-reproach.
- Interest in the personal and professional growth obtained through involvement in extracurricular activities and team building.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.