Murray Construction is looking to hire a qualified candidate for a temporary administrative position to fill in for our Construction Operations Administrator. The COA assists our Project Managers and is going to be on maternity leave starting at the beginning of March for at least 12 weeks. We envision employment beginning on February 1st working through the end of May. This additional time on the front end will allow someone the opportunity to train with our COA before she leaves. The ideal candidate will have much of the experience listed below. A full job description for the permanent role is also included here.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Outlook
• Familiar with Adobe PDF / Reader
• Ability to Multi-task and switch tasks easily at any time
• Ability to support multiple people (Primarily our 4 Project Managers, one Assistant Project Manager and Director of Construction Services, but also or Estimating team on a very limited basis)
• Familiar with Procore, Flashtract, or similar Construction Software
• Customer Service skills to act backup support for phones
• Familiar with Pay App’s (if possible but not required)
• Familiar with Invoicing (if possible but not required)
• Ability to learn the permitting process and working with different jurisdictions
• Ability to track compliance items such as contracts, insurance certs, etc.
Full job Description:
The CONSTRUCTION OPERATIONS ADMINISTRATOR reports to the Director of Construction Services, coordinating and administering work in the Construction Services department of the company primarily related to preconstruction, project management, and field operations. The Construction Operations Administrator manages the administrative workflow related to each project from start to finish and is a key support position to project managers, superintendents, and estimators. This position requires initiative, attention to detail, and the ability to effectively follow instructions and meet deadlines. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations to make our processes more efficient, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. This individual will directly impact the company’s ability to grow by proactively establishing a workflow plan that frees up and supports the producers in a dynamic and growing business, and assists them in fulfilling their roles to manage projects effectively.
Duties of position: ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Qualifications: KNOWLEDGE, SKILL and ABILITIES
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required for this position.