In Murray’s organizational structure, the Marketing Coordinator is the sole marketing-dedicated team member and reports to the President. The President, through an engagement with a fractional Chief Marketing Officer, provides leadership, overall direction, and casting of vision for company marketing efforts. The Marketing Coordinator works in conjunction with these roles to help define and implement the strategy, and serves to carry out the marketing efforts of the business by utilizing internal resources and outside consultants to manage and complete tactical initiatives. The Marketing Coordinator is a key position that requires an enthusiastic, experienced, professional, and reliable individual who is creative and enjoys working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is value-focused, results-driven, and community oriented. The ideal candidate for this role should be self-starting, motivated, confident in their approach, and should have the desire and potential to help the company grow market share with identified clientele through a professional marketing approach that dovetails with leadership’s business development strategy. This position will directly impact a growing company’s ability to thrive through marketing efforts that are fresh, creative, and supported by a high-performing operations team.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the person assigned to this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required for this position.
Duties of Marketing Coordinator: ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Participates in marketing strategy, planning, budgeting, and execution alongside President and external marketing consultant (as applicable).
• Position is allowed flexibility and leeway to lead internal marketing efforts toward achievement of strategic marketing goals and results as much as capabilities and capacity will allow.
• Manages marketing communication internally and externally.
• Manages website content and updates.
• Plans and manages social media accounts.
• Develops proposals that require marketing coordination with input from preconstruction and leadership team.
• Assists President and Leadership Team with business development efforts.
• Plans and manages appearances, socials, community/teambuilding events, and events such as conferences, seminars, and exhibitions.
• Writes communication material, such as press releases, feature articles, brochure copy, and website content.
• Collects, researches, analyzes, and reports data on markets, competitors, and consumers to help make informed marketing decisions.
• Coordinates efforts to identify and procure marketing materials such as apparel and giveaways.
• Participates in decisions related to charitable giving, memberships, and sponsorships.
Qualifications: KNOWLEDGE, SKILL and ABILITIES
• Ability to work independently on marketing projects from conception to completion.
• Ability to help with additional responsibilities expected in a small to mid-sized business.
• Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to prioritize, track, perform, and report on multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
• Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including internal team, clients, and other external partners.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• High resourcefulness with outgoing and independent decision-making personality.
• Desire to expand capabilities and responsibilities in a growing business.
• Emotional maturity.
• Ability to demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
• Ability to participate in setting performance goals and achieving them in a performance environment.
• Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
• Strong work ethic.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree required, preferably with advertising, marketing, and/or communications specialization.
• At least 3-5 years of professional work experience in a marketing role, preferably in the construction industry.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point) and social media web platforms.
• Experience with some form (or multiple forms) of internal software for proposals, presentations, and brochures, such as Adobe Creative Cloud, InDesign, Canva or similar.